● York City Knights impress with fan catch-ups over Zoom PRAISE has been heaped on York City Knights for their fan Zoom call initiative in a time where isolation and mental health have been pushed into the spotlight.
● Vacuum cleaner thief targeted Selby industrial site A VACUUM cleaner thief has been jailed for a double raid on the same industrial site.
● Work starts on new clubhouse for York Bridge Club in Acomb WORK has started on the construction of a new clubhouse for York Bridge Club.
● York opticians Rae and Rae launches in Bishopthorpe Road A NEW optician has opened in one of York’s most popular streets.
● Ray Chapman Motors offers top tips for keeping car in peak condition TO make sure your car is in working condition when the time comes for you to get back on the road, a York car retailer is offering some easy tips for local...
● Man, 18, arrested after 100mph pursuit that ended on Haxby railway line AN 18-year-old man was arrested after a police chase involving a car that allegedly reached speeds of up to 100mph before it was abandoned on a railway...
● Arcus Consultancy Service, York, seals acquisition deal with ERM A YORK-based specialist firm has been acquired by ERM, one of the world’s biggest sustainability consultancies.
● Seven further Covid deaths recorded at York trust hospitals SEVEN more people with Covid-19 have died at hospitals in the York Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
● Ouse set to peak at between 4.4 and 4.8 metres above normal YORK could experience worse flooding tomorrow night than last February, experts have warned.
● These North Yorkshire roads are closed due to flooding NUMEROUS roads across North Yorkshire have been affected by flooding.
● Boxing prospect John Patrick Harker turns professional HENRY WHARTON’S stable of professional fighters continues to grow after John Patrick Harker decided to turn over.
● Police issue 134 penalties for breach of Covid rules - 28 in York POLICE have issued a further 134 Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs) for breaches of the coronavirus regulations since the January 12, with 28 of these issued in York.
● Ex-York City striker Dunn calls for patience to be shown IAIN DUNN believes that York City fans need to show patience towards a squad full of potential.
● RSPCA come to the rescue of owl stuck in fan in York AN owl had a lucky escape after getting stuck in a greasy kitchen extractor fan for two days at a hotel in York.
● Woman, 21, dies after crash between Cross Hills and Cowling A WOMAN has died after a crash in North Yorkshire.
● TransPennine Express bringing in new timetable A TRAIN company that operates services through York is set to introduce a temporary reduced timetable.
● NHS provider "sorry" for delays at vaccine centre and asks visitors to be patient ORGANISERS of the vaccine site in York have apologised for delays this morning (Wednesday).
● Skylights praised by Premier League boss Bielsa YORK-BASED band Skylights have been praised by their beloved football club's manager, describing their work as "beautiful," and likening their songs to the...
● East Riding prepares for potential flooding - council staff and resources on standby EAST Riding of Yorkshire Council says it has staff and resources on standby to respond to any flooding issues, as residents in the county are ...
● River Ouse rises to 3.5 metres as torrential rain forecast THE River Ouse in York has risen to 3.5 metres above normal - one metre below the 4.5 metre peak in February's floods - with more torrential rain on the way later...
● A166 Garrowby Hill partially blocked after accident A MAIN road through East Yorkshire is partially blocked following a crash.
● Football club prepared for flooding with river levels very high in town A NORTH Yorkshire football club is braced for flooding over the next two days.
● Sixteen more Covid-19 patients being treated at York trust YORK and Scarborough hospitals are now treating a record 227 Covid patients - up by 11 in 24 hours.
● Burglars raid village home in Eggborough BURGLARS struck at a house in a North Yorkshire village last night (January 19).
● Car ends up on its side in A59 crash A CAR left a road in North Yorkshire and ended up on its side.
● 'There's been no proper consultation on Fulford School road access' Many thanks to Mike Laycock for highlighting the sufferings of local residents as a result of the Fulford School bus traffic (Chance to end our traffic...
● Freezer catches fire at house in Beal near Selby FIREFIGHTERS were called out after a freezer caught fire at a house.
● Woman who made face masks for hospice and hospital staff in final of national competition A WOMAN from North Yorkshire has reached the final in a national competition to find young adults who have helped in their communities...
● 'Rees-Mogg's happy fish comments would be battered in Brid' Jacob Rees-Mogg MP claims fish in British waters are ‘better and happier’ after Brexit.
● Storm Christoph: 12 flood warnings as York braced for more rain THERE are 12 flood warnings and numerous flood alerts in place across North Yorkshire today.
● 'Top marks to York's Covid vaccine centre' Full marks to all involved with the Covid vaccine centre at Askham Bar. Easy access, parking well organised, quick registration then short queue and pain free injection. Certificate...