● 24 workers test positive for Covid at factory in Rainton Bridge A NORTH-EAST factory has confirmed that 24 staff members are self-isolating after testing positive for Covid.
● Happy ending for neglected old Staffie who found a loving home A NEGLECTED elderly dog who was underweight with an untreated digestive problem has found a happy ending.
● Emergency services battle river to help stranded delivery man A VIDEO has emerged of emergency services rescuing a stranded delivery driver after his van got stuck in a ford.
● Durham Town Hall staying closed for restoration work A LANDMARK building and visitor attraction in Durham will stay closed beyond lockdown restrictions so it can undergo restoration.
● Boris Johnson welcomes Joe Biden's inauguration The UK Government believes Mr Biden’s inauguration as US president on Wednesday marks the start of a "new political era".
● Crook takeaway licence revoked over illegal immigrant worker A TAKEAWAY has been stripped of its late night licence after an illegal immigrant was found working there.
● Darlington shopkeeper fined after thousands of illegal cigarettes seized A SHOPKEEPER has been fined after police found thousands of illegal cigarettes at his premises.
● Storm Christoph: Prime Minister to chair Corba meeting as floods and snow expected BORIS Johnson has told MPs he will chair a Cobra crisis meeting on today as Storm Christoph brings “significant” rainfall across large swathes...
● Pensioner who was attacked in home on Christmas Eve dies A PENSIONER has died in hospital four weeks after he was assaulted in his own home.
● The top 5 most expensive places to live in County Durham and Tees Valley THE North-East is a popular place to live, with the countryside and coastal spots within easy reach, but where is the most expensive place to settle?
● Tiger King and Julian Assange miss out on Trump pardons - but plenty of controversial figures make the grade One name missing in US president Donald Trump's flurry of pardons is Tiger King Joe Exotic.
● New weather warning for more SNOW in County Durham overnight RAIN will increasingly turning to snow during Wednesday evening and overnight into Thursday may bring disruption in County Durham, the Met Office has warned.
● Woman becomes first in UK to be banned for drink driving on e-scooter A 20-year-old woman has become the first in Britain to be convicted of drink driving on an e-scooter.
● Durham Council explains why there are no Covid tests for people without symptoms - yet A NORTH-EAST council has urged residents to keep following Covid guidelines while it sets up community testing for people without symptoms.
● Tyneside Magic Weekend set to be delayed NEWCASTLE UNITED have been asked if they could host rugby league’s Dacia Magic Weekend later in the year as Super League grapples with the complexities of another coronavirus-hit season.
● Industry on 'cliff edge' due to Covid measures as North-East house prices rise AVERAGE house prices reached a record high of £250,000 in November as North-East prices, the country's lowest, surpassed their previous...
● Jamie Clark death: Tributes to 'top lad' killed in Alps avalanche Tributes have been paid to a British man killed in an avalanche in the Swiss Alps.
● Pfizer Covid vaccine appears to be effective against UK virus variant THE Covid vaccine developed by Pfizer and BioNTech appears to protect against a virus variant spreading rapidly across the UK.
● Inside house on sale for £125,000 where man is buried in garden AS features go, it's certainly on the more unusual side but a home is currently being sold with three bedrooms, a conservatory, and, most unusually, a man...
● Nine police officers spotted enjoying lunch in a cafe fined for breaching Covid restrictions Nine Metropolitan Police officers have been fined £200 each for breaching Covid-19 regulations for eating in a cafe while on duty,...
● Priti Patel says she wanted UK borders to shut in March as Covid began HOME Secretary Priti Patel told Tory supporters that she argued for the UK border to be shut to international visitors in March when the pandemic first...
● Police did not expect THIS when they stopped car with no MOT POLICE officers got a surprise when they stopped a car after it showed to have no MOT or tax - as well as five men in the car, there was another in the boot.
● Hour by hour forecast for County Durham, Teesside and North Yorkshire THE region is set to face yet another day of heavy rain as Storm Christoph continues to make its mark across the North.
● Cannabis farmer's ten month sentence after being caught with £2,500 in his pocket AN Albanian cannabis farmer has been jailed for ten months after police discovered 60 plants growing in a professional set up.
● Openreach urges residents to pool Government-backed vouchers A COMPANY is urging residents in villages across the region to pool together Government vouchers to bring full fibre broadband to rural communities.
● Newcastle families offered free broadband for home learning - is your area included? A partnership between internet provider Hyperoptic and 37 local authorities in the UK has been announced.
● Curry worker wins race discrimination claim after being told he couldn't understand recipes because he is white A CURRY worker told he didn’t understand recipes because he was white and should go and work for an English firm...
● Storm Christoph: Flood alerts in place across North-East and North Yorkshire Storm Christoph brought heavy rain to much of the region yesterday, with weather warnings in place until tomorrow
● Three teenagers reported missing in Middlesbrough The youngsters are believed to be together somewhere in the area
● 'Nearly all' operating theatres being used for covid intensive care at North Tees hospital Forty per cent of patients being treated at North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Trust have tested positive for Covid-19.
● North-East Chamber boss makes case for flexible working amid 'final push' against Covid AN ORGANISATION representing over 3,000 businesses in the North-East is calling on firms to give employees 'as much flexibly as...
● Environment Award, sponsored by Cybermoor Looking after our environment has never been more important. The 'Environment Award', recognised the organisation that has made a significant impact.