● Appeal after woman, 21, dies after A6068 crash A 21-YEAR-OLD woman has died after a crash.
● Why Lancashire Labour is making a 'smart ticketing' plea FORMER county councillor transport boss John Fillis, is calling for cross-party support to demand that the Government keeps its promise to fund 'smart ticketing' ...
● Accrington boss John Coleman reacts to Hull City defeat ACCRINGTON Stanley boss John Coleman felt key decisions went against them in their defeat at Hull City, but accepted his side "weren't good enough".
● Lancashire women and girls' views wanted to tackle domestic abuse THE views of East Lancashire women and girls are being sought to help shape government strategy to tackle violence and abuse.
● Vaccines are not doing 'anywhere near enough' to lift lockdown restrictions any time soon Vaccines are not doing enough “heavy lifting” at the moment and case rates need to drop further before the Government can think of...
● Man, 61, arrested after police catch him 'trying car door handles' in Rossendale A 61-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of theft from a motor vehicle.
● Blackburn man arrested on suspicion of attempted theft of coronavirus testing kits A MAN from Blackburn and another from Preston were arrested on suspicion of trying to steal coronavirus kits from a testing centre.
● More than 200 homes in Burnley left without power Around 250 people have been left without power this morning.
● Senior lawyer who illegally looked up ex-wife's new partner on computer system avoids prison A senior crown prosecutor who committed a “grave” breach of trust to access information on his work computer system about his deputy...
● 210 shielding children left in limbo over no Covid vaccine for under-16s The roll out of Covid-19 vaccination to the extremely vulnerable brings welcome relief to households across the country, but hundreds of Blackburn with...
● More than 900 arrests and £300k worth of cash seized from kids on trains in county lines operation Police tackling county lines gangs who send children onto trains to transport drugs have seized more than £300,000 in cash and...
● Championship clubs set to reject £18m salary cap Championship clubs are set to reject the implementation of a salary cap.
● Accrington man assaulted police officer and said coronavirus is a hoax A YOUNG man from Accrington assaulted a police officer at the weekend, as Lancashire's assistant chief constable has spoken about people flouting...
● Burnley men arrested on fraud and theft raps following supermarket handbag snatches Three men have been arrested in connection with fraud offences following a number of handbag thefts.
● Jordan North and Jay Rodriguez back Pendleside Hospice RADIO 1 DJ Jordan North and Clarets striker Jay Rodriguez have reignited Pendleside Hospice’s ‘Keep Your Hospice Open’ campaign.
● Burnley gym Lean Training Club fundraises for Pendleside Hospice A BURNLEY fitness boss has raised £331.69 for Pendleside Hospice.
● Curry worker wins race discrimination claim after being told he couldn't understand recipes because he is white A CURRY worker at one of the UK’s leading food manufacturers who was told he didn’t understand recipes because he...
● Man caught over drug drive limit while picking brother up from Blackburn police station A man has been charged with failing to provide a specimen after turning up at a police station over the drug drive limit.
● Nine police officers fined £200 each for breaking Covid rules while on duty Nine police officers have been fined £200 each for breaching Covid-19 regulations for eating in a cafe while on duty.
● Coronavirus infection rates fall across whole of Lancashire - except these two boroughs Coronavirus infection rates across the whole of East Lancashire have fallen for the first time this week.
● Championship rumours: Nottingham Forest, Derby and Sheffield Wednesday all chasing Cardiff City winger NOTTINGHAM Forest, Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday are interested in signing Cardiff City winger Josh Murphy on loan.
● Rovers winger keen to kick on after 'limited' opportunities Harry Chapman is keen to get games under his belt after impressing on his Shrewsbury Town debut in the FA Cup defeat at Southampton on Tuesday night.
● Live updates as flood alerts due to Storm Christoph remain in place Flood alerts remain in place in parts of East Lancashire today. People living close to the River Hodder in the Ribble Valley, the River Calder in Padiham and...
● Blackburn mosque pays tribute to long serving committee member A mosque and Islamic school have paid their tributes to a former general secretary and head teacher.
● Were you in the crowd at Accrington rock festival in 1992? Hundreds enjoyed a rock festival in Accrington’s Oak Hill Park in 1992, one of a series of summer music festivals held in the park during the 1990s.
● Next step to secure long-term future of historic Darwen Tower THEY know all about Darwen Tower in the House of Commons. Rossendale and Darwen MP Jake Berry filled them in last back-end. So did the Speaker, Lindsay Hoyle, and...
● Tributes paid to "fantastic" husband and father TRIBUTES have been paid to a 'fantastic' and 'lovely' husband and father who died last week.
● REVEALED: More than 6,000 fines given to drivers for using bus lanes in Blackburn with Darwen MORE than 6,064 drivers were given bus lane fines in 2020 in Blackburn with Darwen, according to figures.
● Chip-shop closes asking other non-essential businesses to consider doing the same as infection rate remains high A BURNLEY fish and chip shop has closed and is asking other non-essential businesses to consider doing the same.
● Residents urged to apply for Government scheme for fibre broadband RESIDENTS from a Ribble Valley village are being urged to back a bid to have fibre broadband installed for local homes and businesses.
● Online reading for children by award-winning Blackburn author AN AWARD winning author has posted a free storytelling for children on YouTube.
● £51.4m in grants for Blackburn with Darwen businesses OVER 9,000 business grants have been given out to local businesses in Blackburn with Darwen as non-essential retail remains closed during the national lockdown.