● Watch Joe Biden's inauguration as Donald Trump's presidency ends Donald Trump will be the first US president to swerve his successor's inauguration since Andrew Johnson in 1869.
● Police seize cannabis plants and growing equipment from a property near Southampton OFFICERS have seized cannabis plants and growing equipment from a property near Romsey, following a tip-off from a member of the public.
● DC Ferrow in Lucy Anne Rushton murder case pleads not guilty A detective has pleaded not guilty to forging a witness statement during a murder investigation.
● Man dies after collapsing on site off Winchester Road, Boorley Green A MAN in his 30s has died after collapsing on a building site.
● Coronavirus: Hampshire police's and the county council's stance on travel to exercise RESIDENTS have been warned they "should expect" to be slapped with a fine if they breach coronavirus rules while exercising...
● Teenager charged with possessing weapon in Hedge End street A TEENAGE boy has been charged with possession of an offensive weapon.
● Southampton teen charged with possession of offensive weapon A TEENAGER from Southampton has been charged with possession of an offensive weapon in a public place.
● LIVE: Travel updates as Storm Christoph batters Hampshire - Storm Christoph has hit Hampshire with heavy winds and rain, causing widespread travel disruption this morning
● Covid: Who is classed as clinically extremely vulnerable? MILLIONS of extremely vulnerable people will be offered the coronavirus vaccine from this week.
● Emergency services rush to motorcycle crash in Lymington EMERGENCY services rushed to a crash on a village road yesterday evening.
● UK families offered free broadband for home learning A partnership between internet provider Hyperoptic and 37 local authorities in the UK has been announced.
● Aldi staff to get pay rise as a thank you amid Covid pandemic The supermarket also announced plans to recruit another 4,000 shop workers over the course of the year.
● This is when schools could reopen in England Schools in England were told to close from 5 January when Boris Johnson announced a third national lockdown.
● Storm Christoph: Flood warning issued for part of Hampshire A FLOOD warning has been issued for a part of Hampshire as Storm Christoph continues to batter the county.
● How well do you know Southampton's boundaries? KNOWING Southampton’s boundaries has always been of great importance – so much so that children were once ceremoniously harmed in the hope of having them remember.
● LETTER - Should 93-year-old have had vaccine by now? PLEASE can you tell me if you think it is fair that in the Eastleigh borough a 93 (soon to be 94-year-old) has still not had her Covid jab, even though the government is now ...
● Ann Girling, 59, was found dead at her Totton home A WOMAN suffering from depression was found hanged at her home, an inquest was told.
● LETTER - Southampton trams sparked wartime boyhood memories THE LETTER about trams under cover from Martin Petch revived wartime boyhood memories for me. I well remember the trams parked under the trees on the common.
● LETTER - There is a bunch of councillors who cycle and walk round Southampton P.B from Southampton (Saturday’s Echo) asks: ‘Should councillors not set an example and cycle everywhere to show us how it is done?
● LETTER - The postal service in Hedge End has become very poor THE postal delivery service has become very poor.
● Barton Peveril student wins national competition for poetry A COLLEGE student has won a national writing competition for her poem about a world without Covid-19.
● LETTER - It's no wonder crime is rampant in Southampton IT'S NO wonder crime is rampant in Southampton.
● New fundraising director for Hampshire brain tumour charity A CHARITY in Hampshire has welcomed a new 'director of fundraising.'
● Westquay owner Hammerson collects less than half its rent THE owner of Westquay has revealed it has collected only 41 per cent of the rent due for this quarter from tenants as the Covid-19 lockdown took its toll.
● Hundreds of students from Southampton used Erasmus scheme before Brexit Hundreds of students from Southampton participated in the Erasmus scheme in recent years, before Brexit brought Britain's involvement to an end.
● Winchester Cathedral peregrine spotted in Farnham A PEREGRINE falcon hatched on Winchester Cathedral has been spotted in Farnham.
● Inquest opened into death of elderly Romsey woman AN INQUEST has been opened into the death of an 86-year-old Romsey woman.
● Ban for Winchester man caught drink driving in city centre SUNDEEP Lama has been disqualified from the road for drink driving.
● The Iron Curtain fell and 96 fans died at Hillsborough as these teams played local football in Southampton IT was a year full of political tensions and tragedy.
● The Eiffel Tower will be the start point for Wessex Cancer Trust's virtual balloon race WESSEX Cancer Trust turns 40 in 2021 and is taking celebrations to new heights by launching a packed year of events and activities with a...
● Oliver's Army are taking part in a series of 13 themed fundraisers as he becomes a teenager A THRILL-seeking boy with a profound brain injury has launched a campaign to save the charity which has changed his life as he nears...
● Hampshire council defends Fareham resident's parking fines Hampshire County Council has defended its decision to enforce parking fines after residents spoke of their upset.