● New information reveals West Lothian Council's wage bill and highest-paid staff The West Lothian Courier sent off the FOI to the council and also discovered that salaries had increased by over £5 million in the past year
● Joe Biden sworn in to become the President of the United States The Democrat succeeded Donald Trump after a heated presidential contest and riots in Washington DC
● Rangers boss Steven Gerrard not planning move for Airdrie starlet Robert had been reported to be attracting interest from the Ibrox club, as well as Celtic and Dundee United
● Takeaway project supports Lanarkshire youngsters Cafe owner Trieda Hill, of Coatbridge, started the initiative to provide free meals in lockdown.
● Funding boost for Renfrewshire amputee charity Housebuilder Mactaggart & Mickel donated £1,000 to Finding Your Feet as part of its Building Communities Fund.
● Businessman stole £5000 stamp when son took dead dad's collection for valuation The stamp had been taken to Richard Allcoat’s shop in Kinross by David Jarvie, whose father had died in April, 2020
● Ulrika Jonsson hits back at hurtful '4x4' nickname as Stacey Solomon is trolled Ulrika Jonsson defended Stacey Solomon after she was criticised for having three children by three men.
● EK pupil who has rubbed shoulders with the stars is a hit on charity single Blacklaw Primary pupil, Katie Francis, took part in the recording of ‘You Can’t Stop The Music’ to raise funds for the Glasgow Philharmonia.
● COVID patients in NHS Lanarkshire expected to "double in a week" As a result, NHS Lanarkshire has temporarily postponed all non-urgent elective procedures and a targeted range of outpatient appointments.
● Madrid explosion leaves two dead and others injured as building ripped apart The first images and footage shared on social media showed a tower of smoke coming out from the six-storey building and rubble scattered in Toledo...
● Lanarkshire Police ask people 'to do the right thing' and follow Covid rules It comes as a number of people been fined or reported for not adhering to restrictions.
● Heartbroken mum given reprieve in fight to save transgender daughter's sperm Louise Anderson has been granted a legal extension as she fights to stop her tragic transgender daughter, Ellie's, sperm from being destroyed by...
● Internet device ban handed to EK sex offender who breached court order Restrictions were placed on Christopher Kennedy’s online activities following his conviction for indecent communication with a person he thought was a girl ...
● Cops release CCTV footage of man after multiple women attacked in Edinburgh park The horrifying incidents happened in the Meadows area, close to Melville Drive, last week
● South Lanarkshire Covid cases fell by nearly a quarter last week Figures were published by Public Health Scotland show new cases in the region at lowest since Christmas
● Raiders cut through cable carrying 11,000 volts during 'golf ball' break in The former radar station near Kinross was broken into early on Tuesday morning
● Gogic offers Templeton message of support as Accies star goes under the knife The Hamilton winger has been struggled with injury since October
● EK foodbank warns "worst is yet to come" as demand for emergency supplies grow Community champion Denis Curran MBE said around 300 food parcels were distributed over the Christmas period with over 200 toy and...
● Beautiful 18th century boathouse goes up for sale on Skye The traditional lochside building was converted by Scots singer and songwriter Donovan in the 70s into a modern home.
● Callum Davidson hopes to draw a line under Neil Lennon changing room row Lennon alleged Covid-related failings on the part of other Scottish sides while his club had to contend with the fallout from their Dubai camp.
● Volunteers throughout South Lanarkshire are being assured of continued support South Lanarkshire Council and Voluntary Action South Lanarkshire (VASLan) are keen to reassure groups and individuals working in communities, that ...
● Scotland set for more heavy snow as amber weather warning issued Adverse weather conditions are expected to hit large parts of central and southern Scotland tonight as Storm Christoph moves north.
● South Lanarkshire leisure and culture activities put on hold due to COVID New COVID-19 restrictions were announced by the First Minister Nicola Sturgeon earlier this month, with the clear message being that everyone should...
● Nicola Sturgeon announces £50m annual boost to tackle drug deaths Nicola Sturgeon apologises for SNP's years of failure and promises to make amends
● East Kilbride man among youngest ever to receive top engineering accolade Mark Goudie, 29, has been elected as a Fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
● Almost a quarter of P1 pupils in South Lanarkshire at risk of being overweight New figures published by Public Health Scotland revealed that 22.6 per cent of last year’s P1 pupils were at risk of being overweight or obese –...
● Thug threatened Scots dog owner after his 'husky' mauled pup near Lockerbie A terrier needed life-saving surgery after the attack at the Eskrigg Nature Reserve on Sunday afternoon.
● Hit and run horror as Scots man rushed to hospital after being mowed down Police were called after a 55-year-old man was knocked down near the Gowkley Moss roundabout in Midlothian on Tuesday afternoon while the driver of the...
● Asda shopper punched in face after asking woman not to touch items he was buying The 38-year-old victim was left with cuts and "significant" bruises from the assault.
● Mum fears husband's pregnancy sex fetish will ruin their relationship The woman has caught her husband looking at sexualised images and videos of expectant women and is 'weirded out' by it - but others say it's...
● Scots parents ordered to return baby food products over choking hazard fears Cow & Gate and Aptamil muesli products are said to contain apple stalks, which could pose a potential risk to babies.
● Lodger accused of OAP's murder told cops 'she might have died in drunken fall' Roman Frackiewicz denies murdering 77-year-old Jadwiga Szczygielska whose body was found in the Edinburgh flat where he rented her bedroom.