● Number of coronavirus patients at Bolton Hospital increasing THE number of people in hospital with coronavirus increased steadily towards the end of December and the start of January, and is expected to increase, hospital...
● Debut short is in line for film gong PALS from Bolton have been nominated for an award for their first short film- which is to be released later this month.
● Bolton's online baby boutique is growing fast A Bolton businesswoman is making her dreams a reality, thanks to her booming baby fashion brand.
● League Two rumours: Charlton bid to beat Celtic and Swansea to Exeter City starlet CHARLTON are hoping to steal a march in the race for Exeter starlet Joel Randall.
● Radcliffe men launched armed attack on takeaway using an axe and a baseball bat TWO men launched an attack on a takeaway armed with an axe and a baseball bat, a court heard.
● Westhoughton High School staff volunteer to drive mobile stationery van Staff at Westhoughton High School have been volunteering their time to keep pupils equipped for home learning.
● Derian House volunteer Linda raises hundreds with snowmen LEYLAND super-gran Linda Miller knitted 420 snowmen in 2020, to support the children’s hospice Derian House.
● Industrial unit fire breaks out on Bertha Street, Halliwell FIREFIGHTERS tackled a blaze at an industrial unit in Halliwell in the early hours of this morning.
● Storm Christoph continues to bring heavy rain in Bolton with 'major incident' declared Storm Christoph continues to bring heavy rain to Bolton and a "major incident" was declared yesterday as agencies work together...
● Appeal launched to find next of kin of Bolton man Eric Holding, 71 POLICE are appealing for help to find the next of kin of a man who died at his home in Great Lever last week.
● Acresfield was cleared to make way for Bolton shopping centre WHENEVER a new town centre development is taking shape, inevitably there will be casualties.
● Panto group discovers work by famous illustrator Walt Howarth THE world is full of surprises and often they crop up in the most unexpected of places.
● Why Bolton Wanderers have plenty of work to do in second half of the season WANDERERS' season has reached the halfway stage - and very little has gone according to plan.
● Bolton boss Ian Evatt on why George Taft was allowed to join Scunthorpe on loan GEORGE Taft could still return to Wanderers next summer and challenge for a place, says Bolton boss Ian Evatt.
● Domestic abuse victims invited to join online Q&A session VICTIMS of domestic abuse are being invited to get involved in an online Q&A session tomorrow evening, Thursday.
● Bolton business backs Bez in his lockdown fitness venture A BOLTON business has backed Happy Mondays legend Bez in his new fitness drive, sponsoring the dancer for his new Youtube series.
● Inspirational women celebrated at Inspire Awards 2020 INSPIRATIONAL women who have made a difference to others were celebrated in a glitzy online ceremony.
● Work starts on transformation of Wingates Industrial Estate Work has begun to transform an old kitchen factory to be used by one of the UK's leading consumer delivery companies.
● Bolton mum's photo shortlisted in Greater Manchester competition A MUM from Bolton was shortlisted in photography competition held across Greater Manchester celebrating the lives of older people.
● Shop facing review for illegally selling tobacco A SHOP faces losing its licence after it sold illegal tobacco to a covert surveillance officer.
● Bolton man found guilty of assaulting man in Manchester hotel A BOLTON man has been given a suspended sentence for attacking a man acting in a “public-spirited way”.
● Letter: 'Having Covid vaccination was wonderful experience' It is quite common for people to complain about the health service when something goes wrong. Sadly it is not often that the excellence of the service is mentioned...
● 'Cannabis' dumped in Harper Green Playing Fields leaves dog seriously ill A DOG walker is warning others to be wary of rubbish bags after her two dogs were poisoned by a suspected cannabis plant dumped in a park.
● Volunteers embark on huge clean up after mindless yobs wreak havoc at Seven Acres Local Nature Reserve A WILDLIFE haven, an oasis of calm amongst the hustle and bustle of the surrounding built up housing estates, is being...
● Cocaine shame of man recovering from coronavirus A MAN caught drug driving told a court that he had taken cocaine because he was fed up after suffering coronavirus
● Bolton GP urges all residents to take up a coronavirus vaccine A Bolton GP has urged all residents to make sure they get the coronavirus vaccine if it is offered to them.
● HSBC to close 82 UK branches - is your area affected? Sites will start shutting their doors from April 23, with approximately three closing each week until the end of September.
● Coronavirus infection rates fall sharply across Greater Manchester Coronavirus infection rates have fallen sharply in most borough's of Greater Manchester, except Bolton.
● Five coronavirus deaths at Bolton hospital as infection rate rises Five more coronavirus deaths have been recorded at the borough's hospital, according to NHS England.
● Police declare major incident in response to Storm Christoph Greater Manchester Police have declared a major incident in response to expected heavy rainfall form Storm Christoph.
● Noteworthy show by Bolton NHS choir in lockdown NHS heroes in Bolton have discovered the joy of song after taking part in a workplace choir project.
● Bolton's Liam Gordon signs on loan for Dagenham & Redbridge for rest of season WANDERERS outcast Liam Gordon will spent the rest of the season playing at National League level.